Guinness Wagyu Chuck Roast
Prep + Cook time: 3 hours
- 1 Wagyu Chuck Roast (3-4 lbs)
- 16 ounces of Guinness Stout
- 2 Tablespoons celery salt
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced into chunks
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour Guinness into bowl and set aside. Rub roast with salt and pepper.
- In a deep cast iron skillet over medium-high heat sear roast on each side until browned. Turn off heat. Add chopped onions and garlic to pan. Add stock and Worcestershire sauce. Roast covered in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Add the Guinness. The liquid should cover half of the roast.
- Roast covered for 2 more hours, checking liquid level occasionally and adding water if needed. Add carrot chunks during last 45 minutes. After 3 hours, the roast should be fork-tender.
Alternate Cooking Method
This can also be prepared in a slow cooker at a Low temperature setting for 6-8 hours.
Recipe from Lone Mountain Cattle Company